View Full Version : water temp guage

09-02-2006, 08:16 AM
I have an auto meter water temp guage that has a broken wire up by the guage back where it goes into the housing,my question is has anybody ever fixed this and if so how..........Thanks for your time and help...Joey

09-02-2006, 11:08 AM
If its a mech. gauge. One with temp prob attached with spring wrapped around it. It can not be repaired.:| sorry

09-02-2006, 05:03 PM
Yuppers that is what it is and that is what i thought but it was worth a try,maybe someone had a trick or two up their sleeve.Thanks for the help....Joey

09-02-2006, 06:38 PM
yea...thats what i was going to say...all i did was go down to pepboys and get a new gauge..its around 20 bucks...i mean its not cheep but its better then nothing at all...how do you have yours set up if i might ask

09-02-2006, 08:00 PM
I didn't get that far yet lol,i tested it first in some hot water to see if worked before i went thru the hassle of mounting it up....the break was hard to see in the wire but a bright light and a magnifying glass was able to do the trick.But i was going to mount the gauge in the dash in one of the old a/c vents and run the probe to were the electric one is by the thermostat......if that didn't work i would be here begging for help.....good luck my friend...Joey

P.S. if you get any better ideas drop me a note i am a novice at this stuff thanks.