PDA

View Full Version : water temp guage

Tracker975
09-02-2006, 08:16 AM
I have an auto meter water temp guage that has a broken wire up by the guage back where it goes into the housing,my question is has anybody ever fixed this and if so how..........Thanks for your time and help...Joey

hillbilly
09-02-2006, 11:08 AM
If its a mech. gauge. One with temp prob attached with spring wrapped around it. It can not be repaired.:| sorry

Tracker975
09-02-2006, 05:03 PM
Yuppers that is what it is and that is what i thought but it was worth a try,maybe someone had a trick or two up their sleeve.Thanks for the help....Joey

felixnstiches
09-02-2006, 06:38 PM
yea...thats what i was going to say...all i did was go down to pepboys and get a new gauge..its around 20 bucks...i mean its not cheep but its better then nothing at all...how do you have yours set up if i might ask

Tracker975
09-02-2006, 08:00 PM
I didn't get that far yet lol,i tested it first in some hot water to see if worked before i went thru the hassle of mounting it up....the break was hard to see in the wire but a bright light and a magnifying glass was able to do the trick.But i was going to mount the gauge in the dash in one of the old a/c vents and run the probe to were the electric one is by the thermostat......if that didn't work i would be here begging for help.....good luck my friend...Joey

P.S. if you get any better ideas drop me a note i am a novice at this stuff thanks.