PDA

View Full Version : can i get a done stamp?

felixnstiches
08-28-2006, 04:25 PM
This past saturday me and my zook club went out to go four wheeling....it started out great but when i got to the meeting spot before the trip to the place it started acting up so my friend john pulled out a big hammer and knocked the fuel inlet on the carb a couple times...i also changed out the fuel filter...it ran great untill we got up there...once we got up there i was stopping by force becaus it wasnt gettin any gas..i would stop pop my hood john would come by hit it a couple times and then it would run for a while and then do the samething...i had to leave early because i was getting a major headache...during the trip we pulled over and disassembled the carb and found something stuck in a jet...we try getting it out but no luck....they said an hour aftr i left that the someting went thoug the carb and it was running better then ever and it hasent done anything sense...its finnaly fixed and it was fixed on the trail...oh yea i went on this trail that i was my side so bad i could reach out my door and touch the ground...i am an newbie to all this but i made it though with out any damage from that run, but a few mintues later i looked back and then looked forward again and found my self hitting a tree and running it over...it was awesome...as i said to all my friends

to the tune of 12 days of christmas

on my first day of wheeling my true love gave to me
3 new dents
two broken parts
and one hell of a time

LostSoul
08-28-2006, 04:50 PM
Sounds like lots of fun man, got to love popping the cherry!

captaindavid
08-28-2006, 05:17 PM
ya dude, after you left, it ran almost perfect, ran like a champ with no problems

hillbilly
08-28-2006, 05:47 PM
Self healing zukis gota love em! Now if it just pops its own dents!rockonn

LostSoul
08-28-2006, 05:59 PM
Self healing zukis gota love em! Now if it just pops its own dents!rockonn

I wish I could teach mine that trick, :rofl:

felixnstiches
08-28-2006, 06:37 PM
i like my dents....all have memory...like my first one is when i flipped it being stupid...second one is when i kinda hit that tree....being stupid...and i don't remember the rest...oh well...i forgot david you were on this website....damn short term memory loss

zukking01
08-28-2006, 11:03 PM
Glad to hear it is running good again.

ack
08-29-2006, 08:45 PM
Ain't it fun???!?

You might want to change out the fuel filter. That'll stop the junk from blocking your jets...

felixnstiches
08-30-2006, 03:43 PM
i'm going to change out the filter in the back...as well as install a inline filter near the carb so i have double protection because i'm enjoyin the speed i got with it...it can do 70 or 80 now instead of 40 or 20.... first i want to thank everybody here who helped me in my buildup...i came here a coupe months ago with only a metro block and sammy head...and now i have a running engine that loves trails and speed...only problem now is that it heats up way to quickly...but the rad and the bottle is full any help?

DesertZuki
08-30-2006, 07:29 PM
....only problem now is that it heats up way to quickly...but the rad and the bottle is full any help?Congrats on getting it running well! :jumping:

For the heating problem I have a few questions:
- how do you know how hot it is getting? ie. idiot light, guage
- what radiator are you using?
- what condition is the radiator in?
- does it get only when idling or only when going down the road or when?
- what fan are you using for cooling
- what thermostat are you using.
- and do you know if the geo motor can hold an air bubble somewhere (I don't know..)

felixnstiches
08-31-2006, 12:05 AM
I have a an aftermarket gauge that i used red rtv sealent next to the filler neck
stock radiator
radiator is decent i want to get a new one
it heats up idle but stays firm at around 17 to 190
fan is from a metro and its on all the time
stock thermostat
i don't know

DesertZuki
08-31-2006, 11:17 AM
If it heats up at idle, but stays within specs going down the road, I would suspect a fan problem.

I don't know how big the metro fan is, but perhaps it is too small -- maybe. Are you running a shroud with the fan?

madzukr
08-31-2006, 01:30 PM
i have one that says it's hot when it's not.bad factory guage.

felixnstiches
08-31-2006, 03:45 PM
yes there is a shroud...it only started to happen when i went wheelin in it last saturday....i have it hooked up so when the key is in start it will turn on...and i can hear it running any other ideas? if not whats overheating for a samuari what degree?