PDA

View Full Version : TT over the top steering

maxsbigdady
01-23-2006, 10:45 AM
I was looking at the TT over the top steering setup and comparing it to others, and was wondering what you guys think is best. I noticed that for $20 more the calmini kit comes with both arms where the TT doesn't. And anyone running the calmini kit does it clear Rocky roads Lifted spring perches?
thanks
david

RIVERZUK
01-23-2006, 10:53 AM
You know that anything from Trail Tough is top of the line. But, I'm running Rocky Roads stage 2 OTT steering and it solved all of my steering issues.

madzukr
01-23-2006, 10:58 AM
I was looking at the TT over the top steering setup and comparing it to others, and was wondering what you guys think is best. I noticed that for $20 more the calmini kit comes with both arms where the TT doesn't. And anyone running the calmini kit does it clear Rocky roads Lifted spring perches?
thanks
david

1)david,welcome to the board.glad you made it.:mrgreen:
2)i would stay clear of rocky road everything.they take for ever to get their products out after paying(months) and they have a problem standing behind their warrenties.(I will buy from calmini before them,and you know my opinion about both)
3)i can get you about 4-5 in of lift with spoa for less than $100.00 in parts.
give me a call this morning

zuknstien
01-23-2006, 12:26 PM
SKY makes some nice arms

diirk
01-23-2006, 12:50 PM
1)....i can get you about 4-5 in of lift with spoa for less than $100.00 in parts.....

I'd be interested in this also. If you have parts or info available, please PM me.

Thanks.

Bull
01-23-2006, 01:51 PM
I used Sky's cross over steering and they are beefy and really well made parts. They were cheaper and they are right down the road from my house:mrgreen: . Everything I have bought from Sky is top grade and fit perfectly. Their spring perches are the best made, IMHO.

maxsbigdady
01-23-2006, 02:07 PM
yeah, i've heard lots of good about sky manufacturing the only reason i didn't mention them is they are $60 more than the calmini kit.
david

madzukr
01-23-2006, 02:23 PM
I'd be interested in this also. If you have parts or info available, please PM me.

Thanks.

sent you a pm:D

zukking01
01-23-2006, 06:42 PM
I am running rr ott stageII and I have issues. When I hit a bump going 30-35 my steering jerks wildly left to right and I have to slow down to 10 mph. I am making a panhard but I am not sure if I like rr Satge II kit. Just my 2 cents.

Zee
01-23-2006, 07:19 PM
Check out the Gallery under Zee and you can see the Sky setup.
It is what i run on mine,i like it so far and they are a local company.
If you do go RR,i hope this is a long term project,cause they don't believe in shipping in a timely manner.
Z

madzukr
01-23-2006, 08:42 PM
Check out the Gallery under Zee and you can see the Sky setup.
It is what i run on mine,i like it so far and they are a local company.
If you do go RR,i hope this is a long term project,cause they don't believe in shipping in a timely manner.
Z

the problem that setup is only half of it is over the top,the tie rod is still under the spring to get damaged.bartmoon

Zee
01-23-2006, 10:00 PM
you can get the rest of it.
i just haven't installed it yet.
As soon as my Wrangler conversion is done i will complete it.
Z

snakeman
01-24-2006, 12:55 AM
I used Sky's cross over steering and they are beefy and really well made parts. They were cheaper and they are right down the road from my house:mrgreen: . Everything I have bought from Sky is top grade and fit perfectly. Their spring perches are the best made, IMHO.
I agree. I used Sky's stage 2 kit and was extremely impressed. But then my buddy does all his CAD work so I know what goes into them. Plus them being 20 miles away helps too!

Jeff

holeshot
01-24-2006, 02:03 AM
I didnt like the Sky steering kit because the arms are so thick, I was unable to get a cotter pin through the TRE. The arms dont need to be that thick.
Also when installing the full Sky kit you have a hell of a time tighting the tie rod. because the stock arm is dirrectly under the sky arm and its impossible to get a socket on the TRE. The stock arm interfers with the socket and rachet.
I know Sky makes some great stuff. This is just my .02

RIVERZUK
01-24-2006, 11:07 AM
I am running rr ott stageII and I have issues. When I hit a bump going 30-35 my steering jerks wildly left to right and I have to slow down to 10 mph. I am making a panhard but I am not sure if I like rr Satge II kit. Just my 2 cents.

Mine did that at first. Turned out to be a bad pitman arm