PDA

View Full Version : Lift Spring Choices

steve-0
01-19-2006, 12:06 AM
I want to put some 4in lift leaf springs on my sammy....Are there any out there that would have Good flex and not be rock hard?

elotsip
01-19-2006, 01:42 AM
Are you talking stock sammy springs? If you want some good lift YJ springs Rubicon Express makes some good springs. Not sure about sammy springs. I've heard good things about Bonz Eye but I don't have any personal experience with them.

madzukr
01-19-2006, 08:36 AM
Are you talking stock sammy springs? If you want some good lift YJ springs Rubicon Express makes some good springs. Not sure about sammy springs. I've heard good things about Bonz Eye but I don't have any personal experience with them.

yes the bonze eyes are a bigok.they are designed for spoa application.
unless you are mall cruising,stay away from cal-mini springs.i run (broke)them for a year before going to spoa with stock springs.the heavy duty ones included.

DesertZuki
01-19-2006, 08:43 AM
I had Calmini springs on a zuk. They were rock hard. Made me want for a kidney belt.

madzukr
01-19-2006, 11:53 AM
I had Calmini springs on a zuk. They were rock hard. Made me want for a kidney belt.

i did'nt really have a problem with the ride,but i would break a pair every month or less.and it got to be a pain in the ace changing them.
sence i put stockers with added leaves on i've canged them once in the last 8 years.

zukking01
01-19-2006, 01:28 PM
I am currently running calmini 3" springs front/rear and mine are really soft. They are almost too soft with 10 inches. I have never had a problem with them being hard.

DesertZuki
01-19-2006, 09:34 PM
I'm surprised yours are soft. Maybe they changed their spring rate. The set I had would be at least ten years old now. Probably older.

I don't know that you'll be able to find Sammy springs with more than a 3" lift.

Are you sprung over?

zukking01
01-19-2006, 09:48 PM
The springs I recieved from calmini I have had for 3 years so they muct have changed them because they are pretty soft.

steve-0
01-20-2006, 01:20 AM
I am definately not a mallcrawler, I would like o think I wheel pretty hard, well as hard as I can With what I have. I have rolled twiceso far so stiff springs=no gooder I have heard form a lot of people to stay away form calmini springs because of the stiffness. whats the average price on a set of bonz eyes?

Sally
01-20-2006, 01:30 AM
I do seem to do quite a bit of mallkrawling and my calmini lift springs are softer than the stock springs on my other zuk. I have no flex but a soft ride with them. It's only a DD not a competition rock krawler and for me the setup I'm running with calmini lift and steering works excllent. No vibrations, no shakes, no noise and smooth ride. What more can I ask for?

madzukr
01-20-2006, 08:51 AM
I am definately not a mallcrawler, I would like o think I wheel pretty hard, well as hard as I can With what I have. I have rolled twiceso far so stiff springs=no gooder I have heard form a lot of people to stay away form calmini springs because of the stiffness. whats the average price on a set of bonz eyes?

here is a link to trail tough. http://www.trailtough.com/ go to product listings,the suspention componets.
they are'nt cheap,so make sure you're sitting down before you open it.
the one person that i know that runs them,LOVES EM.
sorry if i affended you,did'nt mean nothing by it,but from my experience that is all calmini is good for.
good luck with your build and KEEP ON ZUKIN

steve-0
01-21-2006, 12:56 AM
hahahaha no i didt get offended at all. :)

joshjohnbaun
04-05-2006, 11:08 PM
steve you havent rolled twice :confused: