PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Zuk Parts from Japan

Still Zukin
07-26-2008, 09:07 AM
If this violates any rules feel free to close or remove this.

I can get parts from Japan and have them shipped in with a load of Kei trucks to cut down on the price. Single items shipped by plane from Japan is unreal.

I put up a few parts from some sites I found and put them on a page of my Kei Truck site.
http://bhmt.biz/zukparts.htm

It was a quickie deal and I'm no website builder. Its just a sampling.
There is a list of the sites I got the parts from and a translator.
I can get parts from any of the sites.

Warning: the dollar has fallen and the price in Japan is not cheap.

If I can get a large enough orders we can get the parts cheaper than what is posted on my site. How much depends on the order.

I have 2 grills to get already.

If you find something you want and can wait 6 to 8 weeks plus (time it takes for trucks to get from Japan) we can save on the shipping to the US at least.

Please do not ask for a precise shipping quote as we have no idea what the parts weigh and what size box they are in until we actually get our hands on some of each.

Your cost will be the posted price on my site (if the dollar holds). Plus actual shipping cost from 57579.

Right now neither I nor the importer the trucks come to are making a dime. And neither of us are rich so the cost of the parts in Japan will have to be paid before we can order. Shipping will have to be paid later unless we can come up with a fair shipping cost and just make a full price deal.

On our end:
1. I've had dealings with several people on the Zuk boards and no problems ever on my end.
2. The importer is a friend of mine ( for almost 20 years ) and sells containers of Kei trucks costing a lot more than these parts and he is a stand up guy. This is the guy I got my 410 pickup and my tin top from.
3. The exporter in Japan has been in that business over 35 years and we have never had any trouble with them.
4. The parts will be placed inside the cabs of the trucks to be shipped to the US. That's as safe as we can make them for the trip to the US.
5. Payment method will be announced later that is up to the importer (he may have to add on the Paypal etc fee as he is not making money on this)

On your end:
1. Payment for part at the price on my site or any part on those other sites at the current exchange rate (unless something really changes with the dollar)
2. Payment for shipping to you before it is sent.
3. Patience: it will be a few weeks before the parts are shipped with the trucks and then can take 6 to 8 weeks to cross the pond and go through inspections then shipped to the importer.

This is a feeler thread so any questions please ask here. Others may have the same questions.
Any orders PM me please.

If you want to mention this to other sites that is fine as long as its OK with the admins.

This is the first time I have tried this so all of us are test subjects on shipping etc but you will get your parts.

Thank you

mighty midjet
07-26-2008, 09:27 AM
dude some of those grills are awesome. what is the exchange rate between the American dollar and the japan dollar or what ever they call it?

Still Zukin
07-26-2008, 09:31 AM
dude some of those grills are awesome. what is the exchange rate between the American dollar and the japan dollar or what ever they call it?

I used this for the prices I put up
http://coinmill.com/JPY_USD.html

doughnutzuki82
07-26-2008, 12:06 PM
dam i like those parts, they look dam good. wish i still had my zuk.

mighty midjet
07-26-2008, 01:08 PM
so if i am using the link right the ss grill or grill one will cost me about $164 US, plus shipping to my area code so about $200. i know you cant give an exact quote. does my ball park sound right?

Still Zukin
07-26-2008, 03:48 PM
so if i am using the link right the ss grill or grill one will cost me about $164 US, plus shipping to my area code so about $200. i know you cant give an exact quote. does my ball park sound right?

yes that would be close.

filter
07-26-2008, 06:18 PM
Any chance of getting used JDM parts?

Still Zukin
07-26-2008, 06:22 PM
Any chance of getting used JDM parts?

If you can locate a source in Japan....the exporting company we use will go get items we ask for if we give them the location to get them from. They won't just go looking for parts. You would have to have the item number also.

WVhillbilly
07-26-2008, 10:34 PM
some of those parts are nice bigok

Still Zukin
07-26-2008, 10:48 PM
some of those parts are nice bigok

Some of that stuff we just don't have here

Still Zukin
07-28-2008, 09:06 PM
Please go back to my site and read the part in red in particular.
Sorry guys just found this out today.
http://bhmt.biz/zukparts.htm

captaindavid
07-30-2008, 03:38 AM
i might be interested in the grill 1 for $176.17. let me get back to you

Still Zukin
07-30-2008, 08:50 AM
i might be interested in the grill 1 for $176.17. let me get back to you

It will be a week or so before the load of trucks is ready to ship so you have some time to make up your mind.

captaindavid
07-31-2008, 07:11 PM
that will be perfect

virginislandzuki
07-31-2008, 08:17 PM
euro lights and the SS grill look tight..don't know bout the scoop maybe for vents to stop water from dripping in the cap in rainy situations.

WVhillbilly
07-31-2008, 09:04 PM
You get wet feet when it rain too. Can't find where the leak is in my cowl vent. :(

Still Zukin
08-02-2008, 12:32 PM
About one week left to order then it will be 4-6 months before another load of trucks

jimbo jones
08-07-2008, 07:33 AM
I like that yellow grill how much to get one sent to Australia?

Still Zukin
08-07-2008, 09:21 AM
I like that yellow grill how much to get one sent to Australia?

I have no way of knowing the box size or the weight until after this first order. They would be shipped from 57579 in the US.

I will be a lot smarter after the first load of parts.

Still Zukin
08-07-2008, 02:20 PM
I sent a PM with the current price today to those wanting to order. If I missed someone PM me soon
Thanks

ack
12-28-2008, 08:41 AM
Somebody over at Offroad.com's Suzuki Geo forum claims to have a '93 Jimny with a turboed 660cc engine being shipped as a "Kei-class" truck. Naturally it's probably un-titleable and for offroad use only...

Is this possible?

If so, where does the line form to get one???

Still Zukin
12-28-2008, 10:58 AM
Well you could have gotten one and I did offer to get them. The EPA has shut down the import of all Kei trucks as of December 8th.

ack
12-28-2008, 11:24 AM
Oops!