PDA

View Full Version : Bare minimum electrical connections

01rededge
05-10-2006, 11:50 AM
Ok, for those those of you who saw my other post, you know I'll be transplanting my mostly working zuk into an empty frame/body.

If I opted to ditch the stock harness, which isn't in the shell, what electrical items do I absolutely need to run other than the obvious battery/alternator/starter wires?

If I keep the stock guages, I know I'll need to wire the dash lights back up, as well as the windshield wipers. I'll also be running my own wiring for the headlights, taillights, and brakelights.

Hardline
05-10-2006, 10:08 PM
Ok, for those those of you who saw my other post, you know I'll be transplanting my mostly working zuk into an empty frame/body.

If I opted to ditch the stock harness, which isn't in the shell, what electrical items do I absolutely need to run other than the obvious battery/alternator/starter wires?

If I keep the stock guages, I know I'll need to wire the dash lights back up, as well as the windshield wipers. I'll also be running my own wiring for the headlights, taillights, and brakelights.
If you put the weber on that is in the sig sounds like you just about have it covered. I belive. JJ

OKIE ZUK
05-11-2006, 08:38 PM
Check with Ruttdigger. You might have opened up a can of worms.:funny:

Itsmejoe231
05-11-2006, 08:44 PM
http://www.zukikrawlers.com/showthread.php?t=428&highlight=wiring

xanthias
05-11-2006, 09:26 PM
Nice writeup here on wiring switches and relays generally:

http://www.texas4x4.org/showthread.php?t=8198

01rededge
05-11-2006, 11:12 PM
Joe - thanks for the heads up on that. Its already wired into my current zuk, but I hadn't paid much attention to how it was actually done.

Xan - Thanks for that one too. Oldgoat has some good posts out there. I've caught a few of his other items from time to time.

Ruttdigger
05-12-2006, 05:20 PM
I gutted mine and Okie is right... it was way more than I had planned for. BUT good news is I am working on a write up and pictures and once we got down to the guts of it... it was something that anyone can do.

Basically 3 relays, 1 fuse block (10 fuse), lots of wire and that was it.

Stay tuned for the write up.

Ruttdigger
05-12-2006, 05:21 PM
PS... It wouldnt start because the engine wasnt grounded right. FAWK. ;)

01rededge
05-13-2006, 08:01 PM
Awesome. Somehow I missed the update to this and didn't see this until I did a search for weber.

I've had it with the stock carbs. I've got 2 that 'work' but aren't quite right. The more I mess with them the angrier I get, so I went looking for the pictures of the weber and intake someone got back from Sarge. I considered sending my stuff out to him, but I think I can make my own adapter plates and bracketry for far less than ordering or having him do it. It may not be as pretty, but it will eliminate all but 1 vacuum connection and a ton of wiring.

Anyway, I look forward to the writeup. I know many of the folks in our club will put it to use as they'll be in the same boat at some point.