PDA

View Full Version : Royal Purple

Ruttdigger
05-03-2006, 02:55 PM
Ok, so I finally gave in and did my last oil change on the dodge with royal purple. What an awesome proudct. I could immediately tell a difference. The idle was smoother and the engine response was much better. It was a little more expensive but I am going to do this every time now.

I have talked to others that have even seen an increase in fuel economy.

I know this is always bad but the seat of the pants DYNO says two thumbs up.

I went in with a sceptical eye and not only was impressed but converted.

(royal purple if you are out there I will take a free lifetime supply of your proudct for the free plug *wink)

Itsmejoe231
05-03-2006, 06:53 PM
Was this in a gas engine? I have used synthetic oil in my diesel and yes I could tell a difference. I have heard of people going 15 to 20k on one oil change using the synthetic without any ill affects.

bigflex
05-03-2006, 09:46 PM
i used to manage an oil change shop and we recommended every 6000 miles on synthetic . and on gas to do a filter change and add a quart at 3000 miles.
that is on the safe side you could prob. get amout 8000 and do a filter and add a quart at 4000 miles

POWERSTROKEN
05-03-2006, 10:09 PM
I run Amsoil in everything I own. I run their Series 3000 5W30 in my van 4 gallons of it with their dual remote filer set up. I change it every 25,000 miles. It is very expensive at first but it pays for itself. I now have 150,000 and no problems whatsoever. Plus it is my small contribution to help with our dependency on foriegn oil. I am an Amsoil dealer and can help anyone who wants to become one even if only to save yourself money on your own purchases. Jim

Itsmejoe231
05-03-2006, 11:57 PM
I have emailed them for info and never heard anything back. Send me some information, I am interested.

xanthias
05-04-2006, 07:27 AM
Joe, I run a similar setup on my PSD. I use a dual remote filtration setup (Amsoil). I do extended drain intervals, but not nearly as long as I could if I wanted. Basically, I change the full flow filter and replace the oil lost with that procedure every 5k. At 15k, I change it all. I run Amsoil's 15-40 heavy duty full synthetic diesel oil. I also do periodic oil analysis through Blackstone Labs - which gives you parameters on all your wear indicators.

If you figure you will drop $50 - 75 every time you go to Jippy Rube, it pays for itself very quickly, even if you change it more often as I do.

I run Royal Purple synthetic in both the diffs and Mobil 1 synthetic in the transmission (with a Magnefine filter) and the transfer case. Royal Purple's headquarters are right here in Porter, TX and I think they have an excellent product.

Ruttdigger
05-04-2006, 06:59 PM
I have a gas engine. I am a convert.

POWERSTROKEN
05-04-2006, 07:07 PM
Amsoils new filters are garanteed 25,000 change intervals when used with their oil.

zukiWilson
05-04-2006, 07:22 PM
Could you pm some of the info about being an Amsoil dealer Powerstroken? I use a lot of their motorcycle oils and I have a lot of friends that use their product. One of the guys in our University's club is one, but he now lives in Pennsylvania. Thanks!

POWERSTROKEN
05-05-2006, 04:02 PM
PM me your mailing address. Jim