PDA

View Full Version : RUF & YJ's question

jimmyroyse
05-02-2006, 08:13 AM
I'm getting things together for doing a spoa with ruf's and yj's. I've got the pads, the stock springs and a set full set of YJ's(2 4leaf packs & 2 5leaf packs). I have the RUF plate drawing to make my own plates too.

now for my questions;
1) I do not want missing links. So, what shackles do I need for the front ruf; and rear yj's?

2) will ruf plates work for yj's in the rear?

thanks for any input
jimmy royse

muskyslayr
05-02-2006, 05:03 PM
I just got done with the RUF conversion. I used the stock rear hanger location and the used missing links up front to make up the difference in spring length. I'm running stock shackles since I didn't want to gain any lift, perticularly because I'm not ready for my rear spring mod... I'm going with front CJs, they're the same width as Sammi springs... Once I get the rear mocked up and ride height figured out I'll probably be upgrading the front shackles. Here's a pick...

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/muskyslayr/RUFmissinglink007.jpg

One nice side affect with using the stock hangers on the rear is my front axle bumped foreword about 1-1/2 inches...:happy

madzukr
05-02-2006, 05:13 PM
i run the cj/ruf swap.the only differance being i made longer shackles for the front and they let the frontend wonder more.think i'll try the missing link with the stock shackle.
this setup flexes so much that i need to change all my breaklines,they are way to short.

I just got done with the RUF conversion. I used the stock rear hanger location and the used missing links up front to make up the difference in spring length. I'm running stock shackles since I didn't want to gain any lift, perticularly because I'm not ready for my rear spring mod... I'm going with front CJs, they're the same width as Sammi springs... Once I get the rear mocked up and ride height figured out I'll probably be upgrading the front shackles. Here's a pick...

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/muskyslayr/RUFmissinglink007.jpg

One nice side affect with using the stock hangers on the rear is my front axle bumped foreword about 1-1/2 inches...:happy

jimmyroyse
05-03-2006, 10:02 AM
Thanks, But I don't want missing links or frame extensions. I'm going to use the relocation plates and drill the perchs 1" forward. I just don't know what to use for the shackle?

madzukr
05-03-2006, 11:52 AM
if you use the stock spring mount it moces the axel forward1 1/2-2in forward without drilling your purches.
as for shackles,i used 1/4in plate 8in long and 2in wide,with2x2 1/4 wall square tubeing for a brace.if that is to much angle try a 2or 3 digree shim.

Thanks, But I don't want missing links or frame extensions. I'm going to use the relocation plates and drill the perchs 1" forward. I just don't know what to use for the shackle?