PDA

View Full Version : SuperTrapp Muffler

suzuki_girl
04-27-2006, 12:15 PM
Hello everyone,

Has anyone here ever ran their Suzuki Samurai with a SuperTrapp muffler?

They seem like a nice idea but not sure if they are worth it to install?

joshjohnbaun
04-27-2006, 12:22 PM
what exactly is a supertrap muffler if ya dont mind me askin?

suzuki_girl
04-27-2006, 12:39 PM
A SuperTrapp muffler is an adjustable muffler. Inside of it are metal plates that you can take out or add to decrease or increase back pressure. You can adjust it for offroad to make it have more torque and less chance of stalling, or on the street for more horsepower. Summit racing has them on their website. It's a cool designed muffler. A lot of suicycles run them.

Here's the website page that lists all of the mufflers and accessories. More expensive than other mufflers but adjustability is a very nice option to have.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&Ntt=supertrapp+muffler&searchinresults=false&N=115

Billjohn
04-27-2006, 02:40 PM
I have seen a few that had them, remember that you need room to install it where it doesn't just come out the rear of the vehicle. That is the problem...
The Samurai exhaust system has final output to the driver side, because if it goes straight out the back it will curl up and over the tailgate (and into the passenger area) when driving.
Street vehicles have it easy, they point them out the side before the rear tire. But if you take that vehicle offroad it will get ripped off.

joshjohnbaun
04-27-2006, 09:02 PM
hmm that sounds interesting... too much work haha, im thinkin im just guna cherry bomb it jamminzz, or might do that little extra and go flowmaster

Sky Hook Zuker
04-27-2006, 09:51 PM
I have run Super Trap on VW w/ great success. The adjustability is a nice feature when Dyno tuning my 2332cc baja motor.:D

Since they are designed to go on the end of the tail pipe I didn't think it a good idea due to posible crushing on obsticles.

I am currently running a Flow Master and love the sound.8)

purevil71
04-27-2006, 09:54 PM
Flow master get's my vote as well.....Love mine!

Zee
04-28-2006, 12:10 AM
i run a magnaflow,it's good enough for the Ironman it's good enough for me :)
Z

joshjohnbaun
04-28-2006, 12:57 AM
aiiiiight, flowmaster or magna flow, whatever i see ill get haha, the stock one is just not cuttin it

DesertZuki
04-29-2006, 11:33 AM
My kid is running a two-chamber Flowmaster. He really likes it for the road (sounds cool, or bad, or sick, or twisted, or fat -- his words -- whatever they mean...).

He says he gained power in the high-end but thinks he lost some power in the low-end. He got 2" exhaust at the same time he got the Flowmaster.