PDA

View Full Version : Shock installation...

ack
04-09-2006, 10:29 PM
Okay, for a little more than 3 years, my rear shocks (Doetch Tech) have been mounted cylinder-down.

Somehow I'm thinkin' this may be backwards...

I have everything ripped out back there and now would be a good time to work on them...

Comments??

Itsmejoe231
04-09-2006, 10:43 PM
I have always heard the Doetch Tech shocks were universal in the installation unlike most shocks.

mahana79
04-09-2006, 11:20 PM
I have always heard the Doetch Tech shocks were universal in the installation unlike most shocks.

Depends on the model.

If they are non gas charged then they can be mounted either way.

the easiest way to tell if you have them out is to push them all the way in and if they extend back out by them selfs then they are gas charged. If they stay in either they are non-carged or plain wore out charged ones bigok bigok

i had my front DT's mounted shaft down so the body of the shock would hit ont he spring plate and but the rears were mounted shaft up and body down.

the non-charged shocks are considered a low-speed shock. for high speed rebounding you will need the gas pressure to keep the shock oil from foaming just like a pressure cap on your radiator will keep your coolant from boiling.

for rock crawling I loved my DT's they would tuck and droop with out any fighting the gas charge.