PDA

View Full Version : OBA help

POWERSTROKEN
04-08-2006, 09:48 PM
I am in the planning stages of my new Zuk build. I will be re doing my 4.3 swap (the lightning nightmare) I have a 94 CPI 4.3 with all accesories including AC. I'd like to keep it as is and use it this way. Has anyone done a OBA swap with this type of unit? Thanks Jim

flourman
04-08-2006, 10:07 PM
I can't really help you with the compressor on the 4.3, but I just finished mine the the suzuki compressor and it works very well. I put an inline oiler in front of it to keep it going.

I would imagine about any a/c compressor will work for OBA, it's just how long they will live pumping air and not freon.

BTW, do you have any more t-case shifter lying around, I screwed up the last one pretty bad.....

POWERSTROKEN
04-08-2006, 10:36 PM
DAYUM Howd you do that? LOL Yea I have another. Do you have any info on your set up? An oiler you mean like one would use on a shop comp. to oil tools? Thanks Jim

flourman
04-08-2006, 11:04 PM
Ya, it's just an oiler for regular compressed air, only it's on the suction side of the compressor. I'll get some pics up for ya.

I also need to install a de-oiler so I don't fill up my tank with oil and also a backflow valve.

Oh, and the shift had a few beers involved before I started to mod it for twin stick............

flourman
04-09-2006, 06:57 PM
Here's a pic of my oiler, I still need to add a small filter.

http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/311029/fullsize/Oiler%20(Small).JPG

And the pop-off valve so I don't have to have a pressure switch.

http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/311030/fullsize/pop-off%20(Small).JPG

I picked up everything I needed at Lowes for under $20. Like I said, I still need a backflow valve and I'm picking that up from mcmaster-carr.

uglytrk
04-09-2006, 09:47 PM
I went the easy way Viair 400h 2.5 gal tank 150 psi off 110 on pressure switch.

ack
04-09-2006, 09:52 PM
Here is something that I worked up a few years ago for the Samurai A/C compressor:

do a search for ac compressor at acks FAQ (see my signature for the link) to find an illustrated pdf document describing the conversion. It should work with pretty much any AC compressor as long as you use an oiler to keep things lubed up properly.

mahana79
04-09-2006, 11:32 PM
Yup and inline oiler on the intake and an oil seperator on the ehaust and i got them fromt he same company so the bowls will interchange so when the seperator get full or the oiler is empty I can just swap the bowls. I also wired a pressure switch throught the ground of the A/C clutch so when the tanks reaches 120psi it opens and "unloads" the compressor. I have it all wired through a three way switch so I have

"on" wich i have bypassing the pressure switch so i can keep the compressor on all the time.

"off" Self explainatory

"auto" the pressure switch comes into play and automaticcly "loads" and "unloads" the compressor depending on demand.

POWERSTROKEN
04-10-2006, 07:10 PM
Could you go into detail about the "off" position?...LMAO

Itsmejoe231
04-10-2006, 09:30 PM

Now, that there is funny, I dont care who you are. lol :mrgreen:

mahana79
04-12-2006, 12:10 AM

2finger bigok

I Teach 14 courses on Advanced troubleshooting on various equipment for "uncle Sam" and you would be amazed at some of the detail i DO have to go into sometimes ! bigok bigok

POWERSTROKEN
04-12-2006, 10:20 AM
I am sure. I did find out that Kilby makes a kit to fit a York comp. to my motor. So that is good news just so more money I wasn't expecting to want to dish out. Oh well gotta pay to play. It is $1060.

TRASHCAN
04-13-2006, 11:48 PM
why bother? just get a co2 tank and a $30 regulator, it gives 150 psi at over 6 cfm until the last drop!! and its the equiv of over 1200 gal of compressed air!!!!! I dont care what kind of york comp your running, it cant keep up with that demand! I can run air tools like die grinders and impact wrenches (burn them up if I want) seat tire beads (so far I have seated a 42" swamper) and anything eles you do with comp air. I paid $30 for the regulator the rest I found or had laying around.

Mike