PDA

View Full Version : RRO spring perches

Touz
04-02-2006, 09:51 PM
I recently ordered a set of rro spring pads because I tought the desing of the perches with the ''wrap-around'' thing was a good thing.is it good???

and I would like to know if I only weld the new perches to the stock one or I weld a bead around the axle tube.?

thank for your help and I'm sorry but I'm not really good in english:dance:

touz

bigflex
04-02-2006, 09:56 PM
yes they are good pirches . and i would recomend welding them to the axle tube as well. actually i would weld them on both sides and just a small weld where they meet the stock pirches. that should be plenty. hope this helps.
and post up some pics when you get it done. i always like seeing new rigs being built. bigok

Hulkzuki
04-02-2006, 10:27 PM
yes they are good pirches . and i would recomend welding them to the axle tube as well. actually i would weld them on both sides and just a small weld where they meet the stock pirches. that should be plenty. hope this helps.
and post up some pics when you get it done. i always like seeing new rigs being built. bigok

Yeah, what he said was perfect.

Sally
04-02-2006, 10:41 PM
a note on the rro perches: unless they changed since i installed a set- they only give you one option for a pinion angle and I bet your gonna want more angle in the rear.

bigflex
04-03-2006, 04:02 AM
a note on the rro perches: unless they changed since i installed a set- they only give you one option for a pinion angle and I bet your gonna want more angle in the rear.

the reason they only give one angle option is because with to much angle you will lose the lubrication to the pinion bearing causing premature failer. i would stick with the angle they are set at. bigok

Sally
04-03-2006, 08:09 PM
I don't know the pile of broken u joints and rear driveshafts in the garage from the bad angle of the RRO perches tells me the angle don't work
Causes all sorts of binding at flex on the truck no matter what size or where the spacer is placed.bigok

Itsmejoe231
04-03-2006, 09:05 PM
I don't know the pile of broken u joints and rear driveshafts in the garage from the bad angle of the RRO perches tells me the angle don't work
Causes all sorts of binding at flex on the truck no matter what size or where the spacer is placed.bigok

Your broken pile of stuff could be from axle wrap along with the angle Sally.

Sally
04-03-2006, 09:36 PM
true Joe and i'm sure the wrap don't help but even on the jack I can bind the shaft

Itsmejoe231
04-03-2006, 09:41 PM
maybe you can clearance your u-joints where they dont bind.

ddement
04-03-2006, 11:30 PM
I trimmed my RRO perches when I rotated the diff for the toy front shaft. I just ground one side off and filled a small gap on the other side with the MIG.

My pinion is pointing up a bunch and I have had no pinion oiling issues.

If you run a vent hose just put some extra gear oil through the vent after you put the fill plug back in.

DesertZuki
04-04-2006, 06:55 PM
the reason they only give one angle option is because with to much angle you will lose the lubrication to the pinion bearing causing premature failer. i would stick with the angle they are set at. bigokAnything wrong with filling the diff with more fluid?

Touz
04-04-2006, 08:19 PM
BUT...but..but...I dont want to break stuff(joke):rofl:

what do i do for the angle??grind the perche a litle or leave it that way??

and what about the extra oil to prevent bearing damage...??Good or bad?

thank for your help guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!toast

ddement
04-04-2006, 08:25 PM
BUT...but..but...I dont want to break stuff(joke):rofl:

what do i do for the angle??grind the perche a litle or leave it that way??

and what about the extra oil to prevent bearing damage...??Good or bad?

thank for your help guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!toast

I ground probably a 1/2" off of the front of mine to get the angle.

I have been running extra oil for the oinion angle for a year with no leaks or problems.

DesertZuki
04-04-2006, 10:19 PM
...what do i do for the angle??...
The guy that helped my kid set up his spring-over had done several by just moving the perch forward on the axle tube (of where it'd be if it were flat (or parallel with the bottom perch)) 1/4".

It'd lined it up pretty good and no problems yet.

zukking01
04-04-2006, 10:27 PM
I ran mine with extra oil for 3 1/2 years with no leaks or problems of any sort. I think the diff snorkel helped with the breathing so it didnt pressurize and leak. I popped the cap off with channel locks and ran a clear hos to it with a hose clamp and ran the other end to the engine compartment. This could help or might not.

mahana79
04-07-2006, 12:30 AM
I ran the RRO perches for several years. i left the fronts alone and welded on as is to maintain proper steering angles. the rears I did grind a bit to help with the angle but you dont want to do too much with single joints at each end. now with a CV type joint at the t-case you want to turn the pinion to where is points directly at the t-case output but with singles you want the horizontal line of the pinion and the t-case output to be parralell to keep from having driveline vibes but as was stated before you may end up with binding. You just have to find the best of both worlds and try to live with it.

Touz
04-07-2006, 04:30 PM
Thanks for your help guys!!!it is really great because I'm learning so much with you...rockonn

and btw do I need longer u bolts??I wont use the old ones but do I need longer than the stock ones???

thnaks!!!

:suzuki:

Sally
04-07-2006, 06:36 PM
The same size u bolts will work if the perch is the same height of the axle. they will just come up from the bottom instead of down from the top.

muskyslayr
04-07-2006, 07:54 PM
And if you do buy new U bolts, don't forget that one on the front axle, closest to the punkin is bigger...don't ask me how I know...toast Nuthin like running for parts in the middle of a job...