PDA

View Full Version : Calmini Heavy Duty T-case Mount???

HardLuk
03-18-2006, 10:01 PM
Hi,
Has anyone run the Calmini T-case bucket/cradle or wheeled with anyone with this t-case mount? I like how it uses three extra mounting points for the front of the case and comes with beefed arms built on (pretty good price too)...Looks like it doesn't hang down much and since I run a Calmini Belly Pan I may not have to lower my pan (could easily enough to still be able to run it).

My main question is do the poly mounts work okay?...They would seem a lot stronger than stock rubber mounts, but will they dampen enough vibration to feel good for driving on street (DD) and offroad?...I plan to gusset the frame mounts (ones welded to frame) and maybe weld in steel washers above and below the mounting holes on these frame mounted arms to help from wallowing out the holes that the Calmini t-case mount bolts would mount thru...

Any like/dislikes or impressions from experience or maybe riding with someone who has this setup would be very nice...I plan on running this setup and will give my impressions as soon as I get this t-case mount.

I have searched quite alot with no luck...
Thanks guys
Nate:suzuki:

Itsmejoe231
03-18-2006, 10:40 PM
I dont run the calmini one but i built one very simular to the Trail tough's Mighty Kong. They are very simular designs. I run rubber bushings with the bolt all the way through. I Like rubber better due to the fact they are more forgiving and will absorb more vibrations. The poly mounts are not as forgiving and transfer more vibes.

I have the 6.5:1 gears and have yet to have any problems with this set up.

If you are set on this t-case bucket I say go for it.

DesertZuki
03-19-2006, 12:03 PM
Don't know about that one, but I run the Trail Tough Might Kong and have slipped on ledges and probably dropped most of the rigs weight right onto it. It works well. If the Calmini is of similar design and construction, it's probably good.

The difference in vibration between rubber mounts and poly mounts is noticeable. I have "heard" that the poly mounts may break your case if the conditions are right. For these two reasons (more for the -break- reason) I plan on going back to rubber mounts and putting lower gears at the axles.

86badboy
03-20-2006, 01:08 AM
I dont run the calmini one but i built one very simular to the Trail tough's Mighty Kong. They are very simular designs. I run rubber bushings with the bolt all the way through. I Like rubber better due to the fact they are more forgiving and will absorb more vibrations. The poly mounts are not as forgiving and transfer more vibes.

I have the 6.5:1 gears and have yet to have any problems with this set up.

If you are set on this t-case bucket I say go for it.

not to change the topic of this thread but do u run 6.5:1 gears and stock diff. gears?

how do you like it, what size tires do you run?

im wondering how to gear mine, dd 31's all stock gearing

thanks