PDA

View Full Version : Will Tracker/Sidekick gas tank and fuel pumps work in a SAMMI?

ford381stroker
03-14-2006, 08:34 PM
I called the junk yards all over today. I found one junk yard that said they have 3-5 Trackers/Sidekicks. They said they would sell me a complete tank with everything for $100. (OPTION 1)

Can anyone tell me if they are interchangeable? I was told the fuel pump is but I don't know about the actual tank.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(Option 2) I found a good tank locally for $50 from a Sammi but it needs a sending unit. Will a sending unit and a pump from a Sammi bolt into a Tracker tank??

Itsmejoe231
03-14-2006, 09:06 PM
I called the junk yards all over today. I found one junk yard that said they have 3-5 Trackers/Sidekicks. They said they would sell me a complete tank with everything for $100. (OPTION 1)

Can anyone tell me if they are interchangeable? I was told the fuel pump is but I don't know about the actual tank.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(Option 2) I found a good tank locally for $50 from a Sammi but it needs a sending unit. Will a sending unit and a pump from a Sammi bolt into a Tracker tank??

The tracker tank will not fit in the sami tank location, I tried when I did the 1.6 8v swap.

I do know the sending unit from the tracker will work on the sami tank cause that is what is in mine and works fine.

Does your sami tank have the pump in it? I guess if it is the 1.3 fuel injected motor the pump will be in the tank. I did take the fuel pump from the tracker and installed it in my sammi gas tank, again for the 1.6 8v swap.

Why dont you try and clean out your sami gas tank real good and use it? Is beyond using?

TatorZuk
03-14-2006, 10:28 PM
I installed the Tracker pump and sender into the NON fuel injected Sami tank....It can be done rather easily...but it's not a "bolt in"...I might have some pics somewhere if your intrested.

Sally
03-14-2006, 10:33 PM
The tracker tank will not fit in the sami tank location,

popcornn must not have tried hard enough. :mrgreen:

http://www.off-road.com/suzuki/features/samyota/samyota4.htm

:suzuki: :suzuki: :suzuki:

Itsmejoe231
03-14-2006, 11:19 PM
I think I answered his question of "interchangeable" as in a direct bolt up interchangeable. You can fit a semi diesel tank back there with a little persuasion.:mrgreen:

purevil71
03-15-2006, 12:09 AM
I installed the Tracker pump and sender into the NON fuel injected Sami tank....It can be done rather easily...but it's not a "bolt in"...I might have some pics somewhere if your intrested.

YES I AM......:mrgreen:

Oh, and the sooner the better please.....lol

DesertZuki
03-15-2006, 01:55 PM
Before and after pics from: http://members.cox.net/aftermarket4x4/sleeper4.html

rockrat
03-15-2006, 07:48 PM
I used my stock tank with a fuel pump mounted to the frame rail. some of my buddies are using side kick tanks, one of them put a sidekick fuel filter in the stock zuk tank. all seam to work well, I like the pump mounted on the outside for maintance reasons.

ford381stroker
03-15-2006, 11:52 PM
Well, I will have to see if they will sell me just the sending unit out of the Sidekick and then buy the Samurai gas tank from the other guy. I really like the idea of mounting the sidekick gas tank but I don't have access to a welder or tubing yet.

holeshot
03-16-2006, 01:03 AM
Heres some good info and part numbers for external mount fuel pumps.

http://bbs.zuwharrie.com/content/topic,30083.0.html

HTH

TatorZuk
03-16-2006, 10:26 AM
Here's the ring from the Track/Kick tank installed on the zuk tank....

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y174/TatorZuk/tank.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y174/TatorZuk/ccee3b9e.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y174/TatorZuk/IM000788.jpg
Sorry for the poor quality pics...but you get the idea.

Itsmejoe231
03-16-2006, 06:51 PM
That is what I did to mine, took the flange off the tracker tank and installed it on the sami tank with rivets and jb weld.jamminzz And also used the sending unit from the tracker in the sami tank:mrgreen:

DesertZuki
03-16-2006, 09:22 PM
...and installed it on the sami tank with rivets and jb weld...
What?? No welding?? :mrgreen:

Itsmejoe231
03-16-2006, 09:23 PM
I probably could but then I would be posting in the "What not to do thread" :mrgreen:

TX_ZUKI
03-16-2006, 09:39 PM
I probably could but then I would be posting in the "What not to do thread" :mrgreen:
:funny: :funny:

One Sick Puppy
08-29-2010, 10:59 AM
I've got an EFI Sammy 1.3 and I just wanted to confirm that, as long as I find a spot for it, I can bolt up a Track/Kick tank?

skyhiranger
08-29-2010, 09:43 PM
I've got an EFI Sammy 1.3 and I just wanted to confirm that, as long as I find a spot for it, I can bolt up a Track/Kick tank?

No, it is not a direct bolt in. If you try to bolt it in using the stock samurai mounts, the filler neck will line up exactly with the frame rail.

One Sick Puppy
08-29-2010, 11:16 PM
Oops. I didn't mean bolt in, I should have been more clear. I do plan on raising and remounting the gas tank so I can move my axle back and put some Toy axles in. What I'm wondering is if the Track/kick tank will hook up directly to my fuel lines and sensors and work exactly as if I had my stock sammy tank? I.e. I don't need to get a different fuel pump or sensor, and the sensor will work with my gauge?

skyhiranger
08-29-2010, 11:26 PM
Oops. I didn't mean bolt in, I should have been more clear. I do plan on raising and remounting the gas tank so I can move my axle back and put some Toy axles in. What I'm wondering is if the Track/kick tank will hook up directly to my fuel lines and sensors and work exactly as if I had my stock sammy tank? I.e. I don't need to get a different fuel pump or sensor, and the sensor will work with my gauge?

Yeah, all the fuel line connections should be the same. The only thing to watch out for is to make sure the fuel pump plug wires are correct. When I swapped a trackick pump into my samurai tank, the fuel pump plug wires were reversed from the samurai wires.....just make sure red goes to red and black goes to black. You can remove and switch around the wires in the pump plug.
For the gas gauge sending unit...hmm, not sure if they both have the same ohm values or not. Let me look and see what I can find.

seb112
08-17-2011, 01:38 AM
And what do you do with the old lines that are no longer used on the tank, plug em ?

skyhiranger
08-17-2011, 08:11 AM
And what do you do with the old lines that are no longer used on the tank, plug em ?

There are no lines that are no longer used left on the tank. You just leave all the other lines routed to where they currently go.

seb112
08-17-2011, 12:38 PM
There are no lines that are no longer used left on the tank. You just leave all the other lines routed to where they currently go.

well there is the return line and the one that my in line pump pump gas from that iv got

skyhiranger
08-17-2011, 01:07 PM
well there is the return line and the one that my in line pump pump gas from that iv got

I really don't know what the hell that means but....
you have your main fuel line, which is used by the new pump.
you have the vent line and return lines, the larger of the two is used for a return line, the other is used for the vent line.
you have a larger vent/vapor line that runs up to the filler neck...that gets left in place.
you have the main hose that runs up to the filler neck for filling the tank...that gets left in place.

what other lines do you have on your tank?

seb112
08-17-2011, 01:16 PM
I really don't know what the hell that means but....
you have your main fuel line, which is used by the new pump.
you have the vent line and return lines, the larger of the two is used for a return line, the other is used for the vent line.
you have a larger vent/vapor line that runs up to the filler neck...that gets left in place.
you have the main hose that runs up to the filler neck for filling the tank...that gets left in place.

what other lines do you have on your tank?

haha, sorry it made sense in my head :funny: ill try it again

i was talking about the old line that my in line pump was using to pump and return the gas in the tank

Right now my inline pump use #1 to pump his gas and #2 for the return, i take those line and wire it to the new sidekick pump but what do i do with those since they are no longer used , i plug em ?

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/4743/im0007881.jpg

skyhiranger
08-17-2011, 01:27 PM
haha, sorry it made sense in my head :funny: ill try it again

i was talking about the old line that my in line pump was using to pump and return the gas in the tank

Right now my inline pump use #1 to pump his gas and #2 for the return, i take those line and wire it to the new sidekick pump but what do i do with those since they are no longer used , i plug em ?

Oh, oh, oh, I gotcha now. I forgot, or maybe didn't know, that you were putting an in tank pump in. I was thinking you were using an external pump.
Yeah, just cap them off, plug them, whatever.

seb112
08-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Oh, oh, oh, I gotcha now. I forgot, or maybe didn't know, that you were putting an in tank pump in. I was thinking you were using an external pump.
Yeah, just cap them off, plug them, whatever.

alright thx