PDA

View Full Version : Steering

Big4x4ride
01-10-2006, 12:28 AM
I am going to be installing toyota axles in my sami this weekend. ITs basically just a SOA lift, with RUF. going to rund 32x11.5's for now and looking for some 34x9.5's to swap onto it later. Anyone see a prob with building a Z-Link for it instead of sumping $400+ on histeer?? I was thinkign of doing the 2 arms wlded together deal but this rig will see some street time, some of which is 55-60mph highway time. so i need to keep it half way safe.

holeshot
01-10-2006, 12:53 AM
I ran a Z link I built for years without any problems. Just depends on your fab skills and if you trust your life and the lives of others on the road with your fab skills.

Sally
01-11-2006, 06:02 PM
I built one myself. I don't rember where I got the piece but all the kit included was a Z piece of steel. It worked fine for a few times out then it bent on a trail. Made it a PITA to get out only being able to turn right. Anyway later I straightend it and welded a piece of angle iron where it bent and it hasn't given me any problems since.

madzukr
01-11-2006, 06:07 PM
i made one using a tie rod(the stock zuk one between the tires)but i was using a zuk axel.